You must report gain or loss and dividends to the IRS when you file your taxes of Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
Stock gain or loss
– You’ll receive Form 1099-B if you have gains or losses from sales ( sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities)
– Figures from form 1099-B are used on IRS Form 1040, Schedule D ( Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses and/or Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets)
– You’ll receive 1099-DIV if you received dividends ( you may not receive if your dividends less than $10).
– Enter the dividends from Form 1099-DIV box 1a, on line 9a of Form 1040
– If you had $1,500 or more of ordinary dividends, file Schedule B (Form 1040A or 1040)